PREP COOKemail resume
Cook and prepare a variety of food products including meats, seafood, poultry, vegetables, sauces, stocks, breads and other food products using a variety of equipment and utensils according to the Daily Prep List.
ACTIVITIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Refer to Daily Prep List at the start of each shift for assigned duties.
- Understand and comply with standard portion sizes, cooking methods, quality standards, and kitchen rules, policies, and procedures.
- Clean and sanitize work station area including tables, shelves, walls grills, broilers, fryers, pasta cookers, sauté burners, convection oven, flat top range and refrigeration equipment.
- Store food in designated containers and storage areas to prevent spoilage.
- Prepare a variety of foods, such as meats, vegetables, or desserts, according to customers' orders or supervisors' instructions, following approved procedures in broilers, ovens, grills, fryers and a variety of other kitchen equipment.
- Take and record temperature of food and food storage areas, such as refrigerators and freezers.
- Wash, peel, and cut various foods, such as fruits and vegetables, to prepare for cooking or serving.
- Place food trays over food warmers for immediate service, or store them in refrigerated storage cabinets.
- Portion according to standard portion sizes and recipe specifications and wrap the food, or place it directly on plates for service to guests.
- Weigh or measure ingredients.
- Mix ingredients for green salads, molded fruit salads, vegetable salads, and pasta salads.
- Receive and store food supplies, equipment, and utensils in refrigerators, cupboards, and other storage areas.
- Remove trash and clean kitchen garbage containers.
- Assist cooks and kitchen staff with various tasks as needed, and provide cooks with needed items.
- Carry food supplies, equipment, and utensils to and from storage and work areas.
- Use manual or electric appliances to clean, peel, slice, and trim foods.
- Promptly inform supervisors when equipment is not working properly and when food and supplies are getting low, and order needed items.
- Make special dressings and sauces as condiments for sandwiches.
- Stir and strain soups and sauces.
- Uses the Standard Recipe Card for preparing all products; does not rely on the memory of oneself or others.
- Complete opening and closing checklists and assists others in opening and closing the kitchen.
- Attend all scheduled employee meetings and offers suggestions for improvement.
- Coordinate with and assist fellow employees to meet guests’ needs and support the operation of the restaurant.
- Fill-in for fellow employees where needed to ensure guest service standards and efficient operations.
- Butcher and clean meat, fish shellfish, and poultry, as needed.
- Keep records of the quantities of food used.
- Cut, slice, or grind meat, poultry, and seafood to prepare for cooking.
- Stock cupboards and refrigerators, and tend salad bars and buffet meals.
- Package take-out foods
TOOLS & TECHNOLOGY:
- blenders, choppers, dicers, grinders, processors, and/or slicers
- broilers, deep fryers, griddles, grills, microwave ovens, ovens, pizza ovens, ranges, rotisseries, steamers, and/or toasters
- dough machines
- food warmers
- measuring cups
- One or more years of experience in kitchen preparation and cooking
- At least 6 months experience in a similar capacity
- Able to communicate effectively with managers and kitchen personnel
- Able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 40 pounds
- Able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 5 hours)
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com for consideration.email resume