LINE COOKemail resume
Cook meats, fish, vegetables, soups and other hot food products as well as prepare and portion food products prior to cooking. Also perform other duties in the areas of food and final plate preparation including plating and garnishing of cooked items and preparing appropriate garnishes for all hot menu item plates.
Activities & Responsibilities
- Inspect and clean, and maintain food preparation areas, such as equipment and work surfaces, or serving areas to ensure safe and sanitary food-handling practices.
- Ensure food is stored and cooked at correct temperature by regulating temperature of ovens, broilers, grills, fryers, roasters, and other kitchen equipment.
- Ensure freshness of food and ingredients by checking for quality, keeping track of old and new items, and rotating stock.
- Knows and complies consistently with the restaurant’s standard portion sizes, cooking methods, quality standards and kitchen rules, policies and procedures.
- Responsible for the quality of products served.
- Stocks and maintains sufficient levels of food products at line stations to support a smooth service period.
- Handles, stores, and rotates all food products and supplies according to restaurant policies and procedures.
- Turn or stir foods to ensure even cooking.
- Season and cook food according to recipes or personal judgment and experience.
- Bake, roast, broil, and steam meats, fish, vegetables, and other foods.
- Weigh, measure, and mix ingredients according to recipes or personal judgment, using various kitchen utensils and equipment.
- Portion, arrange, and garnish food, according to standard portion sizes and recipe specifications and serve food to servers or guests.
- Observe and test foods to determine if they have been cooked sufficiently, using methods such as tasting, smelling, or piercing them with utensils.
- Follow proper plate presentation and garnish set up for all dishes.
- Wash, peel, cut, and seed fruits and vegetables to prepare them for consumption.
- Carve and trim meats such as beef, veal, ham, pork, and lamb for hot or cold service, or for sandwiches.
- Assists in food prep assignments during off-peak periods as needed.
- Substitute for or assist other cooks during emergencies or rush periods.
- Closes the kitchen following the closing checklist for kitchen stations and assists others in closing the kitchen.
- Attend all scheduled employee meetings and offers suggestions for improvement.
- Coordinate with and assist fellow employees to meet guests’ needs and support the operation of the restaurant.
- Fill-in for fellow employees where needed to ensure guest service standards and efficient operations.
ACTIVITIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Consult with supervisory staff to plan menus, taking into consideration factors such as costs and special event needs.
- Keep records and accounts.
- Prepare relishes and hors d'oeuvres.
- Estimate expected food consumption, requisition or purchase supplies, or procure food from storage.
- Butcher meat, poultry, fish, shellfish prior to cooking.
- Plan menu items.
- Bake breads, rolls, cakes, and pastries.
TOOLS & TECHNOLOGY:
- Commercial use:
- blenders, grinders, slicers
- broilers, convection ovens, deep fryers, griddles, grills, microwave ovens, ranges, rotisseries, steamers
- cutlery (boning knives, chefs' knives, paring knives)
- ovens (salamander ovens, pizza ovens, smokers)
- Cutting machinery
- Domestic knives (filet knives, utility knives etc.)
- Food safety labeling systems
- Slicing machinery
- Menu planning
- Inventory management
- Recipe cost control
- Two or more years of experience in kitchen preparation and cooking
- At least 6 months experience in a similar capacity
- Able to communicate effectively with managers and kitchen personnel
- Able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 40 pounds
- Able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 9 hours)
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.email resume