Wash and clean tableware, pots, pans, and cooking equipment. Maintain a clean and organized work area.
Activities & Responsibilities
- Wash dishes, glassware, flatware, pots, or pans, using a dishwashers or by hand.
- Keep dishwasher clean and immediately report any functional or mechanical problems to the Kitchen Manager.
- Monitor dishwasher water temperature to ensure sanitary wash cycle.
- Maintain kitchen work areas, equipment, or utensils in clean and orderly condition.
- Place clean dishes, utensils, or cooking equipment in storage areas.
- Maintain adequate levels of clean tableware for dining room and kitchen.
- Maintain adequate levels of dish detergents and cleaning supplies.
- Sort and remove trash, placing it in designated pickup areas.
- Sweep or scrub floors.
- Stock supplies, such as food or utensils, in serving stations, cupboards, refrigerators, or salad bars.
- Clean food preparation and production areas as required.
- Receive and store supplies.
- Clean garbage cans with water or steam.
- Transfer supplies or equipment between storage and work areas, by hand or using hand trucks.
- Handle tableware carefully to prevent breakage and loss.
- Attend all scheduled employee meetings and offers suggestions for improvement.
- Coordinate with and assist fellow employees to meet guests’ needs and support the operation of the restaurant.
- Fill-in for fellow employees where needed to ensure guest service standards and efficient operat
TOOLS & TECHNOLOGY:
- Commercial use:
- pot-washing machines
- power washers
- Drying and draining rack
- Domestic kitchen funnels
- Domestic trash compactors
- Hand trucks or accessories
- Handheld thermometer
- Remote reading thermometers
- Soap dispensing brush
- Wet mops
- Able to work in a hot, wet, humid, and loud environment for long periods of time.
- Able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 5 hours)
- Able to lift, reach, bend and stoop
- Able to safely lift bags, cases and stacks weighing up to 60 pounds up to 30 times per shift.
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com for consideration.email resume